No scriptural excuse for killing abortionist
Addressing this topic should hardly be necessary, if God's children knew what the Bible says. God does not "need help" in the delivery of justice. Scripture clearly decries such acts of violence, as the following passages indicate:
1. Peter cutting off the man's ear, to prevent Jesus' capture. Matthew 26:50-53
"Put your sword back," Jesus said, "For all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than 12 legions of angels?"
2. Moses slaying an Egyptian to defend a Hebrew who was being beaten. Exodus 2:11-12; Acts 7:24
God did not approve of this act.
3. The misplaced zeal of the "sons of thunder," who desired to "command fire to come down from heaven and consume" those who rejected Jesus. Luke 9:54-56
"He turned and rebuked them, and said, 'You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."
4. The parable of the wheat and tares. Matthew 13
"Do you want us to go and gather (the tares) up? But he said, 'No ... Let both grow together, until the harvest.'"
5. The prophets declared "the vengeance of our God.'
They did not act to carry it out.
6. "By no means let any of you suffer as a murderer, ... evildoer, or a troublesome meddler ..." 1 Peter 4:15
7. Once a persecutor of Christians, Paul converted -- and even wrote most of the New Testament.
An abortionist, once dead, can no longer repent.
8. "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil wth good." Romans 12:21
9. You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye ... 'But I say unto you, do not resist him who is evil ... You have heard it said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you ..." Matthew 5:38-44
10. "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19
INDEX of Other Abortion-related Articles
Who Funds Planned Parenthood
Why should we care what they do with their
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
In other words, media dedicated enough to a cause to support it
financially probably also are biased toward that issue in their reporting.
|| 'Comfort Ye My People' || Apologetics || Chat Rooms || Testimonies ||
|| Devotional Articles || Articles on Political & Social Issues || Fav Links ||
|| Music Links || Bible Q&A || Seniors' Section || Kids' Site || Humor ||
© Copyright 1998 Diane S.
All Rights Reserved
Diane Dew o PO Box 340945 o Milw WI 53234